I’m Ruby/RoR engineer obsessed with databases and automation. For 12 years I devote myself to the IT industry as (formerly) a technical writer, then a software engineer (10 years), incl. being a business owner and tech lead (since 2018).
• I’m deeply familiar with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails. Since 2014 I’ve been working on and building (incl. from scratch) a dozen of apps from huge monoliths to small apps, full-stack or API-only apps, and worked with versions 3.2–7.0 of Rails and 1.9–3.2 of Ruby;
• Besides Ruby/Rails (and Sinatra, and Cuba), my strong points are Oracle & PL/SQL and PostgreSQL (incl. writing and tuning complex SQL queries), Shell scripting (from Bash with grep/sed/awk to Perl/Python/C), and User testing (Watir, Cypress);
• I speak and write English fluently;
• I worked in both enterprise- and startup environments;
• I’m unbelievably initiative and enterprising and never-sitting-on-my-hands.
I consider myself a well-equipped T-shaped engineer, and I’m tool agnostic and not constraining myself only with Ruby or Rails. For me tools are just tools to build products and work on challenges. Besides, since I treat product development as a single whole, I prefer to be not just a coder and executor, and not in a specific area, but my real power (and, inseparably, passion) is in a diversified approach to the product, that is, diving in the product/business realm, bringing and brainstorming new (or good old) ideas with stakeholders, implementing them on different levels, rethinking processes (of whatever it could be—product itself or development team), increasing the database (and not only) performance, doing/setting up/improving deploys, gathering use cases, breaking them down into test cases and then implementing e2e tests, trying to preserve any knowledge for the current and potential team members by writing structured docs, etc. I do love seeing a big picture and working on various levels of responsibility and parts of the product besides just typing the code, which is still basically the major part of my work.
More details on the above or other things we can surely discuss tête-à-tête :)