A considerate and collaborative developerPrivate information
I wish I would have been exposed to programming much earlier in life.
I joined a bootcamp after a friend of mine telling me about "Learn Ruby the Hard Way" by Zed Shaw. That, coupled with an interest in graphic design seemed like a gateway into a very enjoyable career where I could be logical and creative!
I've worked with quite a few frameworks and libraries since 2016. Here's what I've learned:
- Ruby is super fun, Rails is not dead, convention-over-configuration is my preference whenever possible.
- I enjoy CSS a lot.
- Hotwire and Stimulus are a very cool approach to efficiently providing a user with a SPA-like experience
- I'm proficient in React but like to keep it simple, sustainable, composable.
I strive to find the appropriate balance of simplicity and complexity in order to:
- meet the project needs
- be considerate of fellow developers who will need to read, understand, work with the code I write
- enable Junior devs to step into the codebase and understand/mimic/extend the codebase.
- Trilingual (English, Spanish, French)
- Education background (I can mentor Junior devs)
- Passionate about good quality
- I've been focused on diving deeper into the Rails ecosystem and my aim is to find a role with a company using Rails + Hotwire, or Rails + React.
NOTE: The link "Website" link in my bio is for a current project I'm developing to explore more of Rails, Hotwire, Stimulus. It's an "Address Book" app where a Person has nested resources for phones, emails, addresses, with a fair amount of testing, authentication from scratch. It's a work-in-progress and gets new features, improvements, as I have time.