Backend developer with a leaning towards ops, with experience in building and integrating financial and data APIsPrivate information
I am a backend software developer with a deep interest in building solutions that enable faster and more efficient business.
I got my start in software development writing python scripts to load and automate the processing of spatial data in ArcGIS and QGIS.
I later switched to backend web development with ruby on rails.
Over the last 5 years I've been designing and building APIs, for business automation and integration with various African payment providers.
Quikk API - provides a single pane of glass for developers looking to integrate to APIs in Africa, with an initial focus on mobile money APIs.
It has processed over 10 million USD in the last year and seen over 300k api calls in a month.
The core components of the product include;
- Developer dashboard for onboarding users, allowing them to configure their integrations and manage access keys. The app is built as a rails api with an angular frontend.
Some of the work I was involved in include;
- Building the rails api for the developer dashboard
- Dockerizing the application and setting up the CI/CD pipeline on gitlab CI.
- Deploying the dashboard and gateway components to Kubernetes. This included deploying redis, mongodb and postgres clusters.
- Load testing the gateway using locust
- Testing and documenting the apis using Postman and OpenAPI
- Providing technical support to users using our APIs
Quadvendor - a 'mini' ERP specifically tailored to meet the needs of SMEs in Kenya. It provides for inventory, sales, team and customers management.
The app is built as a monolithic rails app, which also provides an API for the android app.
I was involved as a consultant helping implement the sales and purchases modules and also built the payments integrations to Flutterwave and M-pesa.
Skills: Ruby, Rails, Go, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Google cloud