Rails and automation consultant with 24 years of web development experiencePrivate information
I’ve helped teams and companies save thousands of hours ($60K+) per year by automating manual tasks, speeding up daily workflows and Rails test suites, and eliminating unnecessary meetings.
Here are some examples of time savings I made:
- 8 weeks/year by speeding up test suites
- 7 weeks/year by speeding up regularly-used internal scripts
- 4 weeks/year by automating recurring manual tasks
- 10 weeks/year by eliminating and shortening meetings
- 3 weeks/year by automating the setup of a new Mac so that new engineers can be up and running within minutes of opening their new laptop with a complete dev environment, all their Mac apps, fonts, macOS preferences, and GitHub repos. I've now turned this into a paid product called Ruby on Mac that's averaging $3.4k/month.
You are likely losing time and money every day right now at your company. I can identify these losses for you and create a detailed report with recommendations. You can then choose to implement them yourself, hire someone else, or hire me.
In addition to automation consulting, I also provide Rails app maintenance contracts. I've updated and maintained multiple Rails apps over the past 9 years, including some with millions of users. Note that I only maintain apps that have an existing robust test suite, or a dedicated QA team. Writing tests is not a service I provide at this time.