Principal Ruby on Rails Engineer, founder of Flatiron School, taught over 5,000 people how to code.Private information
With 20+ years of experience, I am a deeply technical engineering and product leader passionate about building reliable and efficient systems. I have taught thousands how to code and built engineering teams from the ground up. I thrive on transforming product vision into reality through creative solutions to complex problems.
Revature — Chief Product Officer
October 2020 - Current
Responsible for scaling Revature’s technical training and staffing business through platform and technology.
- Managed a remote product and engineering team of 50 in India.
- Achieved a Java application uptime of 99% from ~90%.
- Introduced Ruby on Rails to reduce sprint time by 50%.
- Lowered cost of cloud environment by 30% by rearchitecting AWS configuration while increasing speed and reliability.
- Conceived of and built training event tracking system that integrated data from multiple sources and made it actionable in marketing and training to increase efficacy of training platform by 15% yielding over $45 million in new revenue and cost savings.
Flatiron School — Founder, Chief Product Officer
June 2012 - May 2020
Founder of 2nd coding bootcamp ever leading technology education and product development. Grew company to over 600 employees, 13 campuses, 10,000 alumni, 2,500 yearly students, a 93% average job placement, six career disciplines, and $60 million in revenue and a $36 million acquisition.
- Created and led product and engineering of an inspirational learning management system that integrated with Github hosted, versioned, curriculum with an automated test-suite holding students accountable for progress. Sold a copy of this LMS for $14 million.
- Maintained 2 week feature sprints across 6 squads resulting in daily deployments.
- Reported to the executive team and board and collaborated on technology initiatives with sales and Salesforce and marketing and Segment and Marketo.
I am looking forward to discussing how I could be of service and value to your team and product.