Full Stack Ruby on Rails DeveloperPrivate information
● 4 years of experience as a Full-Stack software developer. Expertise in developing Web-based applications.
● Integrated 30+ third party APIs from scratch including(Heroku, Google, Slack, Airtable, Justworks, Render, Asana API etc) .
● Proficient in data scraping and creating GraphQL queries and mutations. Real-time experience in RESTful Web APIs
● Implemented authentication login, signup and otp based forget password functionality using AWS Cognito and AWS Amplify.
● Addressed production issues & final deployment process as Release Support Engineer. Command in Mobile App Development.
I first discovered my passion for Ruby on Rails when I joined my first company, Gammastack Pvt Ltd. Assigned to work on the MyVeeta project, a portal similar to LinkedIn, I found myself working with a team that used five microservices to create a dynamic and complex system. The backend was built on Ruby, while the frontend used AngularJS, and Elasticsearch added another layer of complexity to the project.
Working on MyVeeta gave me the opportunity to dive deep into the Rails framework, and I soon discovered a love for designing APIs with Swagger, building out controllers and views, serializer, and working with Active Record. As I gained more experience, I found myself working on even more complex projects, where I was responsible for integrating more than 20 third-party APIs, including Bitbucket, Gitlab, Heroku, Cloudflare, Jira, Trello, Slack, Datadog, Google Cloud Identity, Microsoft, Justworks, and more. I used a range of authentication mechanisms, including OAuth, API key, and API token-based systems.
Throughout my 3.5+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails, I have honed my skills in areas such as background processing using Sidekiq, cronjobs, caching, integrating payment gateways such as stripe, and more. In my most recent work experience, I had the opportunity to work on Edcast, a complex product built with 12+ microservices all running on Ruby on Rails Here I successfully upgraded a legacy application from Rails 2 to Rails 5, reducing the average request processing time by an impressive 78% from 4.5 seconds to just 1 second.
Each project has presented new challenges, and I have relished the opportunity to learn and grow with each one.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Master of Science in Computer Science | Current GPA: 4.0
Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyala(RGPV)
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science | 3.2 GPA
Expected Dec 2023
Jun 2015 - Jun 2019
Technical/Programming Skills: Ruby, Python, Java, C, C++ , React Native, Data Structures and Algorithms
Database Application: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebase, MongoDB
Deployment Platforms: Heroku, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), CI/CD, Nginx, Elasticsearch, Puma
IDE /Tools: Android Studio, Sublime Text, RubyMine, VS code, Jira, Sentry, Newrelic, Kibana, MS-Office, MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint Other Skill Sets: REST Apis, Git, Linux, Azure, Windows, Bugsnag, Grafana, Redis, Xcode, Swagger, Web Scraping, Jenkins, Agile
Research Assistant | University of North Carolina at Charlotte Jan 2023 - Present | Charlotte, US
● Mobile application that uses AI to gather data from users and provide suggestions to improve on exercising techniques.
● Devised a custom DynamoDB database and API library for integration with the data management application.
Spanidea Pvt. Ltd. | Senior Software Engineer Jun 2021 - Jul 2022 | Pune, India
● Developed numerous E2E solutions, From establishing system needs and partner dependencies to workload balancing, software
implementation, testing, and configuring metrics, alarms, monitors, and dashboards using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS
● Continuous Integration/Deployment Pipeline Integration, pull requests, code reviews, load/stress, unit/integration/e2e testing.
● Designed and implemented scalable APIs and Databases to handle thousands of requests per second by utilizing multithreading
with background processes using the Sidekiq job scheduler.
● Integrating multiple third-party APIs. Managed authentication using JWT tokens and constructed serializers.
MMF Infotech Pvt. Ltd | Software Engineer Mar 2020 - Jun 2021 | Indore, India
● Constructed GraphQL queries and mutations and worked on data scraping and REST APIs.
● Requirement analysis, designing Database and creating API endpoints. Created Admin Panel and APIs using Grape and Swagger.
● Built a microservice for chat, audio and video calls with Twilio Apis & used it in three applications which saved 3 months of work. GammaStack Pvt. Ltd. | Solution Engineer Jun 2019 - Feb 2020 | Indore, India
● Adjusted design parameters to boost performance and incorporate new features. Added multiple language support in the app.
● Upgraded a legacy application from Rails 2 to Rails 5, reducing the average request processing time by 78% from 4.5 to 1 sec.
● Integrated payment gateways in 4 websites and 3 mobile apps like Stripe, Omise, Authorize.net, Braintree, PayPal, Square etc.
● Formulated Java Script & AngularJS code. Implement Ajax for dynamic updating of the part of a page, avoiding full page refresh.
● Edcast: An e-learning platform in which you can access content from leading content providers like LinkedIn Learning, Udemy,
Go1, Kaltura Simplilearn, etc in a single platform. Also, complete courses by these content providers and get the certificates.
● RewardFlightFinder: A UK based British Airways reward seat finder app, where I created the subscription and membership
module capable of handling proration along with SMS and Email alerts for availability as per routes selected by users.
● Secureframe: An application to automate and streamline the compliance to meet global privacy and security standards. I
integrated Bitbucket, Gitlab, Heroku, Cloudflare, Jira, Trello, Slack, Datadog, Google Cloud Identity, Microsoft, Justworks, etc.
● RadioSpirits: An app for classic radio shows. Developed the admin panel, REST Apis for mobile & implemented in-app purchase.
CERTIFICATIONS AND CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
● Certifications: AWS Academy Cloud Computing Architecture and Data or Specimens only Research.
● E-week star awards 2018 - Won E-week star awards 2018 held by National Entrepreneurship Network.